Clearspring - Organic Umami Paste with Ginger, 150gBrand - Clearspring
Made with traditional Koji culture & soy sauce, Clearspring Organic Umami Paste with Ginger adds a rich, savoury depth to your favourite plant-based recipes.
- Organic umami paste, traditionally fermented with soy sauce and Koji culture
- Versatile, savoury and delicious
- Made with natural organic ingredients
- For broths, soups, stews, stir-fries and marinades
- Fat free, low in sugar & high in protein
Take your recipes to the next level of umami deliciousness with Clearspring Organic Umami Paste with Ginger, a savoury & versatile condiment for all kinds of culinary uses.
This richly flavourful paste is traditionally made by adding a Koji culture to rice and leaving it to ferment. The umami is then mixed with organic soy sauce and fresh, fiery ginger.
Used to make soy sauce, mirin, miso and sake, Koji is at the heart of most Japanese cooking. It has been crowned as the National Fungus of Japan due to its central place in traditional Japanese food culture.
With a pouch of this amazing paste in the fridge, your meals will never be short on flavour. Clearspring Organic Umami Paste with Ginger is ideal for adding a savoury depth to soups, stews, stir-fries and marinades. It can also be enjoyed as a dip, salad dressing or in sushi.
Clearspring Organic Umami Paste with Ginger is a celebration of authentic Japanese flavours and ancient culinary techniques, as well as sustainable organic ingredients.
Soya sauce (47%) (water, soya beans, wheat, sea salt), cultured rice (27%) (rice, koji [0.001%]), water, ginger (3%).
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use Clearspring Organic Umami Paste with Ginger in other dishes?
Clearspring Organic Umami Paste with Ginger can be added to all sorts of recipes, Japanese-inspired or otherwise, to add a rich savoury depth. Here are a few suggestions for how to use it in some unexpected ways:
- Add to your vegan bolognese or shepherds pie to add a 5th dimension of flavour.
- Whip it into vegan mayo and spread generously in your plant-based burger.
- Use instead of BBQ sauce to marinade your kebabs and skewers.
- Enjoy as a savoury dip for crudites.
Such great flavor! Add it to all my noodle soups. really convenient too.