Prewetts - Organic Premium Ground Flaxseed, 175g Pack of 6Brand - Prewetts
Finely milled for efficient absorption, Prewetts Organic Premium Ground Flaxseed is a great source of omega fatty acids, fibre, protein and antioxidants.
- Organic ground flaxseed (also known as linseed)
- Excellent source of omega-3, omega-6 and omega-9 fatty acids
- Fortified with vitamin B6 and zinc
- Finely ground to ensure maximum absorption
- For topping salads, cereal, porridge and smoothies
Prewetts Organic Premium Ground Flaxseed is a fantastic plant-based source of omega-3, omega-6 and omega-9 essential fatty acids (EFAs). EFAs are necessary for a wide array of essential bodily functions such as:
- Formation of healthy cell membranes
- A healthy brain and nervous system
- Hormone production
- Healthy skin and hair
- Healthy immune responses
Prewetts Organic Premium Ground Flaxseed is also a great source of soluble fibre. It is proven to boost digestive health and help relieve constipation.
Prewetts Organic Premium Ground Flaxseed is finely ground for maximum absorption and has a nutty, earthy flavour. It is perfect for topping salads, cereal and porridge or whizzing into your morning smoothie. It can also be used to make flaxseed egg for your vegan bakes and cakes.
Prewetts Organic Premium Ground Flaxseed is fortified with vitamin B6 and zinc. These super seeds are also rich in protein, antioxidants and other essential nutrients and make a fantastic addition to a healthy vegan diet.
100% Organic Ground Flaxseeds.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use Prewetts Organic Premium Ground Flaxseed as a beauty product?
Yes! These magical seeds aren’t just for eating. Because of its mucilaginous properties, Prewetts Organic Premium Ground Flaxseed can be used to make flaxseed gel - a homemade, natural and sustainable hair and skin product.
Making the gel is very simple:
- Place 40g of Organic Premium Ground Flaxseed in a covered container with 470ml of water and leave to soak in the fridge overnight.
- Transfer mixture to a pan and bring to a rolling boil.
- Simmer for 7-10 minutes until it starts to thicken.
- Take off the heat and strain through a sieve lined with cheesecloth.
- Pour the gel into a clean container with a lid. At this point, you could add a few drops of your favourite essential oil or a spoonful of aloe vera.
- Store the gel in the fridge.
This gel can be used on curly or wavy hair for defined, moisturised curls or as a hydrating and pore-tightening facial serum.
great for baking
This is such a handy vegan baking product, iImix it with water to create a natural cruelty-free egg replacement in cakes. It binds things together really well without changing the taste.